You need to take into consideration the planning of the trip and what goes into it.
The following is a quick checklist:
- The best time to of the year to visit your destination – this includes wet and dry seasons, hot or cold weather, snow or sunshine, tourists a plenty, and finally, is it school holidays or not.
- The cost of the flights. If you are flexible with the dates then there are cheaper days and nights than at other more popular, or busier, times.
- The accommodation style that you prefer, taking your budget into consideration.
- The mode of transport that you are going to use. Are you travelling in style or are your feet doing the walking?
- How much money are going to budget to spend each day? Don’t forget to include eating out or are you going to dine in?
- Are you going to purchase insurance and what company are you going to go with?
- Do you need a visa or a visa waver for the place that you are sojourning in?
- Are you going to do day trips while there?
- Are you dancing the night away? as you’ll need to allow extra for the drinks.
- You need a passport that is valid for 6 months after the date that you are returning home.
- Will you need to contact people overseas or just use available wifi connections?
- Have you thought about taking cash or using your debit/credit card?
- Do you need vaccinations?
- Where to next?